Next Meeting: 1.14.21 7:00am CST – Review old DSIDC business, new DSIDC business, including update on each DSI Standard in development. Public comments welcome. To attend the meetings via Zoom please email:
and include the “DSI Meeting” with the date and time in the subject line. In the email body, include rationale for attending meeting. Invites will be sent within 24 hours of meeting.
Meeting minutes from last DSIDC Meeting:
Call to Order – Bryan Laskin called meeting to order on 11/12/2020 at 7:00am CST
Roll Call –
Dr. Bryan Laskin- Present
Dr. Cindy Perone- Absent
Debora Carrier- Present
Aleh Matus – Present
David Pryor – Present
Others in attendance:
51% or Quorum of DSIDC has been met, meeting to proceed.
Bryan motioned to approve meeting minutes from previous meeting on 9/10/2020
Motion passed unanimously
Unfinished business – none from previous meeting
- Public comments should be placed in the chat below and will be addressed at the end of the meeting. Also, it is preferable to have comments emailed to email@example.com. All comments must specify the standard draft in question and will be posted under that standard draft tab on dentalstandardsinstitute.com
- Standard Drafts Update:
- Final ANSI Accreditation Approval on 9/24/2020 for MST1.1:2020 Definitions Of Terms In Dental Metrics, and VRST1.1:2020 Usage of Therapeutic Virtual Reality for Anxiety Reduction In Healthcare. Announced in ANSI Standards Action on 10/2/2020.
- Final ANSI Accreditation Approval on 10/22/2020 for GSST1.1:2020 Graphic Symbols – Pictograms For Information Regarding the Healthcare Patient. Announced in ANSI Standards Action on 10/30/2020.
- BSR/RCST1.1:202x Systemization of Notifications Regarding Dental Patient Recall (DPR) completed 45-day BSR 8 public review on 9/21/2020. Holding off on consensus body vote at this time to work on the technical section of the draft.
- ERST1.1:202X The Dental Practice Medical Emergency Kit Design, Contents and location, and TDST1.1-202X The Usage of Teledentistry For Remote Prediagnostic Dental Care, drafts still under development-not ready for BSR submission for public review.
- DCNST1.1:202x Verification and Displaying of Dental Patient Chart Notes (DCN) completed 30-day PINS public review on 10/18/2020. No comments received. Working on BSR 8 submission for 45-day public review.
- Submitting DSI for enrollment to the FDA Network of Experts.
- Next DSIDC meeting is scheduled for January 14, 2021.
Bryan Laskin motioned for meeting adjournment
Dave Pryor seconded
Motion passed unanimously
Meeting Adjourned on 11/12/2020 at 7:07am CST
Minutes taken and reported by Megan Hennen
Previous Meeting Minutes
(for prior meeting minutes email firstname.lastname@example.org)