DSIDC meetings are typically held every 2 months via Zoom on the first Thursday unless otherwise noted below.
Next Meeting set for Thursday, 10/20/2022 at 7:00 am CDT.
Public comments welcome. To attend the meetings via Zoom please email email@example.com and include the “DSI Meeting” with the date and time in the subject line. In the email body, include rationale for attending meeting. Invites will be sent within 24 hours of meeting.
Meeting minutes from last DSIDC Meeting:
Call to Order – Bryan Laskin called the meeting to order on 8/11/22 at 7:02am CDT
Roll Call –
- Dr. Bryan Laskin- present
- Debora Carrier- present
- Aleh Matus – present
- David Pryor – present
- Others in attendance:
- Megan Hennen
- Eric Kirnbauer
Conflict of Interest Statement: read by Bryan Laskin
“If there’s anyone that has joined us that feels that they have a potential conflict of interest, please speak up at this time as our work on Standards is done through consensus, ensuring betterment of the profession and the patients we serve.”
- Public comments should be placed in the chat below and will be addressed at the end of the meeting during new business. Also, it is preferable to have comments emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments must specify the standard draft in question and will be posted under that standard draft tab on dentalstandardsinstitute.com
- Bryan motioned to approve minutes from previous meeting on 6/2/2022
- Dave seconded motion to approve
- No opposition, motioned passed
Unfinished business – none
- Updates on standards in development:
- BSR/RCST1.1:202x Systemization of Notifications Regarding Dental Patient Recall (DPR). Holding off on consensus body vote at this time to work on the technical section of the draft.
- DSI ERST1.1:202X The Dental Practice Medical Emergency Kit Design, Contents and Location draft still under development-not ready for BSR submission for public review.
- DSI TDST1.1-202X The Usage of Teledentistry For Remote Prediagnostic Dental Care, drafts still under development-not ready for BSR submission for public review.
- DSI ODINST1.1:202X workgroup & draft still in development – however likely will be withdrawn soon, based on work that Bryan and Aleh are doing with the ADA SCDI
- ANSI/DSI DCNST1.1:2021 workgroup still in development for technical elements. Please email email@example.com if interested in participating in the working group.
- DSI EEDRA1.1:202x Equitable Electronic Dental Record Access (EEDRA) For Dental Patients. PINS response date ended on 6/19/2022. No comments on PINS submission received. We are building workgroups currently for this standard. Please let me know (or email firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to participate. These workgroups will meet outside of our DSIDC meetings, and once we have our members we will work to find a time that works for as many members as possible.
- DSI PAIID1.1-202X The Prudent Adjudication Reporting in Dentistry and DSI PAIID2.1-202X The Calibration of Adjudication Techniques in Dentistry PINS response date ended on 7/10/2022. Again, we are building workgroups currently for these standards. Please let me know (or email email@example.com) if you would like to participate.
- Audit with ANSI is still in progress.
- Next DSIDC meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 20th at 7:00am central (moved to the third Thursday of the month due to scheduling conflicts)
Floor was open to discussion, but no further new business was brought up.
- Bryan motioned to adjourn the meeting
- Dave seconded the motion to adjourn
- No opposition, motioned passed
- Meeting adjourned at 7:07 am CDT
- Meeting minutes taken by Megan Hennen